What a year it has been… from my highest of highs to my lowest of lows, my gratitude comes down to one thing: love. This year has shown me true love with my now-husband Mark, true love in genuine friendships, and true love for what I do to make money and build a career for myself. The photos (above) of my “best nine” photos on Instagram is a mere glimpse of how much love I experienced this year, so here’s a blog post of the most major highlights — both highs and lows.
As much as I want to push away the negativity, anger, and sadness that happened in 2017, I find it important (and therapeutic) to reflect on it too. We need to remember the lowest of lows to see how far we’ve come. But first, let’s start with the highest of highs…
The Highest of Highs
- Collaborated with my YouTube Bestie for the first time
(Filipino Edition Videos: The Language Challenge & Never Have I Ever)
- Became Disney AP
(Blog: We Finally Renewed Our Disney Passes — after 5 years)
- Got a new job
- Reached 6,000 subs on YouTube
If you happen to be chillin’, click here to watch some of my videos.
- Traveled to Seattle & Canada with Shannon
(Blog Archive: Adventures with Shan and Rach)
- Moved out of my parent’s house to San Diego
- Bridesmaid-ed at Jessica and Sir Wade’s wedding
(Vlogs: Bridesmaid Proposal | Their Engagement Photoshoot | Jessica’s Bachelorette Day)
- Got engaged to the love of my life, Mark!
(Blog: Boyfriend to Fiancé: We’re Engaged!)
- Went on a cruise to Ensenada, Mexico with Courtney
(Blog: Cruise to Ensenada)
- Made more memories w GTMR
(Vlog Playlist: GTMR Vlogs)
- GOT MARRIED @ Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney!!
The Lowest of Lows
- I was spotty with work on-and-off for quite some time
- My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer
- Experienced the driest freelance season in years
- Mark’s nanay passed away
- My father-in-law was in the ICU
- I (unfortunately) attended four family members’ funerals
It’s been a crazy year, but I’ve become stronger because of it. I would not have been able to get through it without the amount of love surrounding me, so all I can be now is grateful.
Have a safe and wonderful new years eve filled with lots of love!
love and light,