Let the roadtrip begin! Our first stop from Orange County was Grand Canyon. We went back to our favorite location at Grand Canyon — Mather Point. The last time I remember visiting this place was years ago.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
GRAND CANYON FACTS
Did You Know?
- The Grand Canyon is 277 river miles long.
- The canyon is 10 miles wide and more than a mile deep in some places.
- Two billion years of geologic history are exposed in the canyon’s walls.
- A tribe of Indians, the Havasupai, live in the canyon’s bottom.
- The Kaibab white-tailed squirrel, with its distinctive white tail, is found nowhere else on earth except the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.
- Visitors can descend into the canyon on foot, muleback or via the river in modern rubber rafts.